An Important Message from Marc Rogers, UniGroup’s President and CEO
As our country and the world continue to watch and be impacted by the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, we want to share how UniGroup (the parent company of Mayflower, United Van Lines, UniGroup Worldwide, UniGroup Logistics, and Trans Advantage) is responding. At the heart of every move are people: customers, agent representatives, van operators, crew members, vendors and employees. While the health and safety of all of those involved are always our highest priority, it is especially important during this time.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
We are committed to moving you safely. In these unprecedented times, we take our role as essential service providers very seriously. We will continue to provide services to our communities, while following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), while working to protect our customers and front-line employees.
Limiting in-person contact is a best practice when limiting the spread of COVID-19. While our business requires we enter the residence to provide packing and loading services, we can conduct the quote process via virtual survey. We have mandated virtual surveys in 13 states and are encouraging its practice in all states.
As most companies throughout the country, UniGroup has implemented its business continuity plan. While staff are working remotely, they are available to customers, agents and drivers during the same business hours and in the same manner as if they were working in the office.
SPECIFIC RESPONSE ACTIONS
In implementing our business continuity plan, we:
- Assembled a Task Force at UniGroup’s Home Office to focus on operations and communication during this unprecedented time. The team stays up to date with the ever-changing situation and is in contact with each other daily.
- Established a central email and 800# to streamline incoming communications to quickly review, disseminate to the appropriate parties involved and respond.
- Mandated virtual surveys in 13 states.
- Monitor guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), providing the latest links on our public and internal websites.
- Practice the CDC issued guidance for Business and Employers.
- Develop, update and publish FAQs for agents and van operators repeatedly as new information is available.
- Communicate with agents through a weekly email, urgent communications, intranet and phone conversations. In a time like this, there’s no such thing as too much information or too much communication.
PROVIDING ESSENTIAL SERVICES
UniGroup and our operating companies understand providing transportation services to clients and customers an essential service. We are open for business and are working closely with our agents, and their crews and van operators, to continue to conduct business safely. We realize in these uncertain times, there can be angst and concern. As we remain compliant with all government restrictions on businesses, we are committed to doing our best to provide the services to load, transport and deliver household goods or commercial products our customers need.
Thank you and we wish everyone the best during this difficult time – stay safe and well.
UniGroup President and CEO